So on the last week of school four of my friends and I rented a car and drove 14 hours to Philadelphia. We spent the whole car ride talking about our future, goals, and we listened to motivational tapes. When we finally arrived we stayed with some friends our age that were able to live on their own. They were the ones in charge of the conference. So I got to spend time with people that were actually speaking at the event.
As the event unfolded I just felt this amazing energy in a room where everyone was different but had the same goal. We all wanted success, freedom, happiness. Just listening to these great speakers we knew we were on the right path. Then Bob Proctor comes on.
He is known world-wide for mentoring and people of all sorts come to him to improve their standing. Mentoring sessions with this man will cost you several thousand dollars. Yet, i was able to see him live and with a small crowd for $50.
After i heard him speak I have never doubted that entrepreneurship was my passion. He spoke about the power of the mind and the importance of believing. "If you want to get a certain result you have to attract that result with your mind and you have to act like the person who already has what you want," he said. From then on I have always worked on improving myself everyday. I practice having a positive attitude for everything i do. My life has not been the same since.
I've read up on so many texts about entrepreneurship and spent so much time researching since. I decided that this was a big investment and i might as well go all the way with it. So what better way than to formally get credit for it and learn it in a different way at a University. No matter how many times you do something you always learn something new. I wanted to learn all there is to know about entrepreneurship and now I am doing just that.
I plan to gain some more confidence for achieving my goals. I also plan to get the feel of actually doing things hands on in this field while I'm also learning about it. Previously it has been mostly reading.
Kevin,
ReplyDeleteI think that it was great that you got to experience a session like that, especially so early on in your educational career. I also think its great that you know what you want from out of this class and that you are able to relate your experience to entrepreneurship. Are you a business major? What kind of entrepreneurship are you interested in? I too plan on using my experience at my university like I state in my blog!
http://shannoncea.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneur-story.html
I actually had a friend who worked with Vemma and liked it although he ended up not being able to devote enough time to it and eventually quit. I almost started working them too, although I did not have the initial money to invest into it. It is a company that requires you to be innovative in the way that you approach and talk to people. It certainly is not for everyone. To be successful, you have to have the mindset of an entrepreneur and be able to rally others around you for the sake of your own success and the success of others.
ReplyDelete