Hello everyone! My name is Kevin Ramos and I'm going to give you the scoop on who I am.
I was born on an island south of the States which you might know as Cuba. I spent my early childhood there until my family won the Cuban lottery and were granted a Visa to the U.S. (the legal way).
It was then that my Entrepreneurial seed started spurting. See i felt this need to be as big as i could doing something i really loved. I felt so free in this country that i was gonna take full advantage of that.
I've witnessed every single one of my family members go to school. Not just my older brother, but also my parents. Seeing them start from nothing in their forties and digging their way out has also had a huge impact on me. Today I'm fortunate to live the way I do and to attend such a great University. I've been on tropical vacations in the caribbean and mountain vacations in Tennessee and North Carolina. All thanks to them.
Even though my parents would have preferred a nice secure job like Dentistry i chose to major in computer science. See my dad is also a dentist and who could blame him for wanting the same for me after such a rocky past. But i crave adventure way too much.
I look up to Elon Musk and I've made a decision that when I do use my entrepreneurial spirit i want to pair it with technology. Although entrepreneurship is my passion, I am majoring in something with the ability to help me create things.
I really make an effort to make myself a better person every day and strive towards the scariest goal i can think of. I want to change the world as it is. Then one day i want to look back and think of how an average boy born in an oppressive Cuba had so much luck on his side.

No comments:
Post a Comment