Some thoughts on Chapter 2- The Entrepreneurial mindset in individuals
I find it very surprising that our generation is the one with the most entrepreneurial buzz. I feel like being an entrepreneur in previous times was more of a necessity since there were major advancements that were made that literally completely changed lives. Where as now most entrepreneurial advancements change certain aspects of how we live and don't really alter our actual living per se.
For me, it was hard to define what the difference between cognition and metacognition was. It is essential for understanding why the Entrepreneur thinks the way he does in specific situations yet I can not really see the distinction between the two. Yet I am very interested in finding out more to learn more about myself.
My question for the author is: Do you feel like the books written on Entrepreneurship in the times before the research on the psychology of entrepreneurship are accurate and/or helpful? I have read some of the oldest books that have facets of entrepreneurship like Think and Grow Rich and i take the information in them very seriously. If they are out dated and not accurate then i would want to look for other sources.
Although I don't completely disagree with the fact that Entrepreneur's have Unrealistic Optimism, I find it somewhat contradicting. An entrepreneur makes his own rules and destiny. Many people can consider many things unrealistic. But the fact that one person had "unrealistic optimism" and made something happen makes them ultimately successful. Kuratko considers it a setback which in some cases it might be true. Maybe for inexperienced or new venturers. But for those who create wild realities there is no saying what is unrealistic because they have time and time again proven that there is no such thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment