While i was in Miami, I decided to multi task and complete one of my assignments while getting a haircut. My barber also happens to be the owner of his barbershop so i spoke to him about what it meant to be an entrepreneur. Maykel has owned the barbershop for 4 years and was able to buy it as soon as he arrived from Cuba. He also owned businesses in Cuba! This is a huge deal considering that businesses are not allowed there. He had entrepreneurial thoughts in a country where it is not permitted and not popular. This is a translation of the interview from Spanish:
Me: Hey, Maykel, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer some questions.
Maykel: Yeah, no problem, part of being an entrepreneur is helping people and mentoring
Me: So I've heard. So i have some questions I want you to answer. My first one is: what is the most difficult part about being an entrepreneur?
Maykel: Well it's difficult to develop these habits but once you have them it's not very difficult at all. It's mostly just pushing yourself to work harder to be free and do what you are passionate about in this short life,
Me: That sounds great! What would you say is the most rewarding aspect of being an entrepreneur.
Maykel: The most difficult part about being an entrepreneur is also the most rewarding because everything you do pays off and all the work you put in is proportional to the benefit that comes out. It's a fuller, more significant life.
Me: That's the vision i have for myself! I'm actually learning so much about it in the class that I'm doing this interview for. What do you think this class should include in order to prepare me to do things that you do.
Maykel: My success is determine on how much i execute. My business is about doing and about working like i said before. This class had to be engaging and force you to go out and act and live and experience. Experience is the only true teacher.
This interview was one of the most eye opening things that I've done. It really taught me that if i wanted to keep learning about entrepreneurs I should study them more often. What's crazy is that i often read and intend to meet more entrepreneurs. Yet what I lack is the actual will to get up and actually meet them. It is a very helpful assignment because it shows you how easy it is to find out the things you want and that make you better in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment