1)
There are many things about myself that I take pride in and would be considered human capital. Here are some example:
1) My open-mindedness: I think this can be interpreted in more than one way. I am open-minded in the sense that i love taking information in and open minded because i accept all types of information. I think this makes me someone that people can always talk to and someone that you would want to have as a representative.
2) My story: I take a lot of pride in the fact that I was born in Cuba and am extremely lucky to be where I am. I think it shows my determination. My ambition for life and is paired well with how humble I consider myself. It would benefit any one who appreciates hard work and genuine people.
3) Humble: Being humble is not super unique but I still hold it to be indispensable. I think it makes me down to Earth and shows that life is not about making noise but about enjoying happiness and the noise of life. It sets me up to be a leader everywhere I go.
4) Curiosity: I will spend hours on something just to find an answer to a random question. Even if it has no "benefit" like being worth a grade or something.
I think this makes me someone who is good at advancing and making progress. You can't just stop at what you need to do. You have to do more than what you're asked.
5) Positive: I think my positive outlook on life and optimism is another great asset. It makes me someone ideal to be around. I like inspiring people, motivating people. It makes for great relationships with people and someone pleasant to work with.
I think this makes me someone who is good at advancing and making progress. You can't just stop at what you need to do. You have to do more than what you're asked.
5) Positive: I think my positive outlook on life and optimism is another great asset. It makes me someone ideal to be around. I like inspiring people, motivating people. It makes for great relationships with people and someone pleasant to work with.
2)
This is something Daniel has expressed in other ways. But he was very genuine about this and usually asks for advice with that sort of stuff that he thinks I'm good at.
I interviewed my brother as well because he is someone who's opinion I value
George: Hey Kevin
Me: He Georgie so what do you think is something that makes me unique
George: I think you're very smart, you have big plans, you're very optimistic and sure of yourself.
Me: Wow thanks George
George: And you're funny! sometimes i think you should be a comedian
ME: Haha thanks again but I don't know about that one.
My brother can be very tough on me sometime but I know it's cause he cares. This is not something I've heard from him before so I was very curious to find out even though I couldn't record it and had to call him. I appreciate the things he says.
Vero is a very honest person. I value what she has to say about me because I know that she means it.
Ryan is someone who doesn't really voice what is on his mind too much. To hear him say something nice like that really satisfies me because I get to know a little bit more about him just from him saying that
Lastly i interviewed my Dad just because i always love hearing what my parents have to say
Me: Hello father
Dad: Hey Kevin how's everything
Me: It's great. Can you answer something for me
Dad: Sure
Me: What do you think makes me unique and different
Dad: I think you're very good at many different things. You're good at school and you're also able to be very social and in life I think you need both
Me: Aw dad thank you so much
I decided to Interview my dad because he is a very pensive man. He doesn't say things just to say them. He usually thinks about them for a while before he goes with an answer.
3) I think everything that the people interviewed said was true. Not necessarily different from what I wrote but kind of stems off from the things I wrote. I think what the interview people said was spot on and probably summarizes me a little better. Yet what i said includes components of what they said. So i would not want to modify my post.
1)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on this assignment, Kevin. Being open minded is one of the most important traits to have and I’m glad you listed it as number one. Your humble nature compliments your curiosity and positivity nicely. It is awesome when you can balance these qualities with being social and exceeding academically. You will go far in life; check out my post at http://intro2ent.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html
I enjoyed hearing those close to you speak their mind. Sometimes that is the only way we can get feedback is to ask for it, something that is something we should take with us for life. It’s good to see how you can impact someone else’s life, and I think it lends things to a different perspective and confidence when you realize the things you do benefit those you care about.
ReplyDeleteI wasn’t able to do this assignment unfortunately, but you can check out my blog at: http://ufentclassblog.blogspot.com/
Hey Kevin
ReplyDeleteWe received a lot of the same feedback when we interviewed people. I think these qualities can be very useful for trying to become successful. I also like how you take pride in your history. I really liked your post. Check mine out at http://tristansentblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html