Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 2

1) I am a visionary. I spend my days wondering what my contribution to society will be and how I will make a dent on the future and on history books many years from now. This business would serve as one of many ideas I plan to implement on the world through out my life. I plan to solve simple problems and advance humanity.
2) People occasionally make the mistake of locking their cars with keys inside the car still. We shouldn't have to stress about trifling things like that. I will save people's time and not make them stress in the chance that something like this happens to them. The idea I had in mind to specifically make this work is having a separate device that you can put in any car. That separate device takes input from a phone tablet that communicates to the car to unlock. Of course, you would have to keep this device in your car or transfer it to another car. Meaning, if you purchased it, it can be used for any car.
3) A great part about my idea is that it can help anyone who owns a car and even people who don't. Although it mostly helps those who do have a car, in the occasion that there is more than one person in a car that gets locked with no way of opening it, they will not have to waste time either.
4) This is a very frustrating thing the happens to people all the time. I would say even dozens of time a day in America. Money is already paid to insurance company for this simple service and they pay it more than once. With my product it would be a one time purchase and that would be the end of it. In fact, I might even offer it for free.
5) There is no product like this on the market, only cars that don't allow the car to lock if there is a key inside. Yet even so, sometime a key can get locked in the trunk of the car and that feature is obsolete. My product will be applicable to every car out there.
All these elements fit together. Overall, it is a product that will save people time and stress. It will be something very easy to use and there is nothing like it on the market. It is a sound idea. It has specifics that make it very implementable and easy to use. A simple device that will not add more stress to your life when you're trying to take away.

The feedback that i received was very helpful. A recurring topic in the comments was to be more specific with the idea. People are all for it and support my idea but they want to know a little more. I added more specific to the line that explains the product. I think after this modification people will not have trouble understanding the idea. People like the idea of saving time and simplicity so I included how my product would accomplish this. The majority of people that comment on my idea can easily see the applicability. This helped me verify that it really is useful for anyone so i emphasized it.

4 comments:

  1. Kevin, this is a solid post. I think that if you develop more of a game plan to tackle this it could be very successful. It may be difficult to develop this into something that would be a more universal product for the cars as you are saying. This is similar to my idea in that I want to help others and to leave my mark on society in a good way. If you want to check out my post you can find it below:

    http://maxwilk.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your idea has potential, although I think there are fringe-products that may offer this same kind of benefit (i.e. keyless entry via Bluetooth). I think you should further develop the opportunity to make it stand out from similar products on the market. Your idea is similar to mine in the aspect of providing convenience to customers at low cost. You can check out my post at: http://ufentclassblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kevin,

    I think that your idea is very innovative and useful. It truly is frustrating getting locked out of your car and having to waste money on a simple mistake. My mom once left the key in the car and since then my dad bought a little box to put an extra car key that goes safely under the car. I thought that was cool until my mom left her key in the car again and I was on the dirty floor of a parking lot trying to find this box under our car. Your idea of somehow connecting our phones to simply unlock our cars when this happens is awesome because lets be real we don't ever go anywhere without our phones. If you want to see how my second attempt at the idea napkin post went, here is the link:

    http://andreacdona.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kevin! I enjoyed reading your idea napkin no. 2 post a lot. It was very well written and brought out the message extremely clearly. I think that your business idea is super creative and unique, and I really do hope that it one day does take off to becoming a reality. Anyways, here is my blog post if you want to check it out: http://minaaomar.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete