1) Ryan is a student at the University. His major is computer science and he has made apps before and continues to make them.
2) Domain expert
3) I found Ryan because I am also a computer science Engineer. Although unlike me, many of the students in the major are normally very advanced into their studies. He was sitting next to me in class and we just had a casual conversation that led up to me networking.
4) We both can offer each other many different things. His main thing to offer is his ability and experience creating the apps. Where as mine is having a profitable idea. As i get more advanced in computer science I will be able to do what he's doing also.
5) Ryan is someone who knows what he's doing yet he's not someone who has officially declared a profession yet. Having him as a friend allows me to have someone to get feedback and information from and not drain my wallet or my time.
1) Jorge is also a student yet he's a student at FIU. He deals with iPhone issues and sells apple products and other things.
2) Supplier
3) A was home for the weekend and then found Jorge at his store where he repairs things.
4) Jorge enjoys having people that are very involved around him so i fill that void up for him while he sees my business. He, obviously, is someone that is a potential supplier to any technology i might need.
5) Including Jorge allows me to have someone with actual hardware type resources disposable to me
1) Jamie works at a car dealership and is around cars all the time and gets to witness newer technology inside cars every time.
2) Market Expert
3) I went to nearby dealership and just started to ask questions and we actually went to the same high school so we connected.
4) I offer Jamie a view on some things that cars can add to them so she can find some points to help her sell more and pitch idea to owners and other people she's connected to. While I benefit from learning about cars and how I can work with them.
5) Since my product will work with cars, having Jamie can get me up close and personal and help me fill any holes in my idea.
I think this experience will definitely benefit my future networking opportunities. I think this type of networking is constructive because everyone involved already has something they can provide for each other. In other instances, networking is not as targeted and finding someone who could useful to you can be a bit more difficult. But in this case I was able to find people pretty easily.
Hello Kevin,
ReplyDeleteAwesome job with the assignment! It looks like you really made an effort to network with other professionals in your industry. I think that we are fortunate to be attending a University that allows making new friends and making professional connections so simple. Good luck with your venture and if you get a chance, check out my post which I linked below.
http://ryangsharpe.blogspot.com/2016/03/growing-my-social-capital.html