Sunday, February 7, 2016

Interviewing Customer No.2

1) My opportunity is going to revolve around a simpler way to get access to your keys or your car in order to not have to waste time and money to get a key thats inside a locked car.
2) My customers last time were super ideal because they all had cars and had this happen to them. This time i actually encountered people who did not have cars and just had to deal with this because of the situation.
3)  I focused more on asking questions about a solution to the problem or a way to make the problem go way. I gave them ideas on which to bade their opinion on in order to see what would be most simple.
4) 


5)  I'm actually very impressed with my opportunity because I thought this would only be applicable to people with cars but as my interviews show, it applies to everyone
6) 1) Just do it! It gets easier as you start doing it so just get in a rhythm
    2) Have a general outline of what you want to ask. Don't make it a script so you can pay attention to responses.
    3)You don't have to go to a public place! You can ask people that live close to you! In other words, you should find a way to interveew people and not go to out of the way.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin, it seems that you were able to find a common unmet need for sure. I absolutely agree with your tips, and I realized after that it would have been much more effective for me not to make a script and to just talk to people. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea about getting keys out of a locked car! I have not had that problem yet, thankfully, but I have seen how it can really mess up someone's day. I agree with your method of not trying to follow any sort of script and your observation that it allows you to pay attention to their replies. You can definitely learn more through a discussion than through a rigid series of questions.
    Here is a link to my post: http://greywilliams3.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-2-kind-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kevin,
    First of, I like your name. Also, you did a great job interviewing customers. You seemed very comfortable with talking and really finding out the answers to your questions. Being shy could be a downfall for some but you seemed to work against that. I did not have a post for this week, however, here is a link to my blog if interested: http://kevinleddysblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kevin,

    Great post! Your unmet need definitely relates to a lot of people and the solution would benefit greatly. I also agree with the points you made about "getting into the rhythm" of interviewing people as practice makes perfect and having a general outline of what you want to ask so that you seem interested in the conversation 100% of the time. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kevin,

    I loved the idea and the setup of your interview assignment. I think you did a good job with the setup of the questions and not being afraid to get your point across. I can agree with you that interviewing people is a process and the more you do it the better you become. Practice makes perfect and this post is a perfect example of that. Also I think the your idea of getting the keys out is brilliant and I definitely had my fair share of being locked out of the car. Great interviews and hope to run into your posts again soon.

    Brian Do Kim

    ReplyDelete