Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Venture Concept No. 2

1) Provide, again, your venture concept description, using this formView in a new window.
Venture Concept Modification
  In this modern age people are struggling for things they really shouldn’t. We are living in a world where new problems become trivial due to technology. Currently, the way we unlock cars that have their keys stuck inside is not a very efficient solution for the problem. People waste time and money in more than one occasion just to solve this nuance. New technology exists to ease this struggle. There are thousands of people that struggle with this daily and would greatly benefit from this innovation.

             Currently, the only solution for making sure that keys don’t get locked inside car doors is having a completely modern car, having spare keys, or calling a car service company for assistance. Everyone does not own new cars and spare keys, and the last is not the most pleasant experience. Regardless, calling a car service company is the most common. It is time consuming, annoying, and can be costly. Of course there’s no price you wouldn’t pay to unlock your car. But it’s unnecessary to have a person drive from somewhere that’s not necessarily close by to make your day better. Everyone who owns a car has to consider all these things to some degree. It’s only a matter of time until cars themselves will be built so that there’s no exception to why they will get locked without a way to being unlocked.
              With technology always improving, there arises a perfect opportunity to fix this trifling vex. That’s why I want to introduce Major Key. It is the future. It not only will give you a better, easier, faster option to open a locked car, but it will also remove the consideration of this as a problem. Using a phone or tablet application and a separate device it will be able to unlock any car. That’s right, ANY car. The whole product is purchased on the app store/play store. After the purchase is made you will get a second device shipped to your home. Or you can buy the second device at major store and use the code that comes with it to link it to your phone application. The product will cost about $25. The second device will be synchronized with your car depending on the make and model. For older cars a mechanic will do the service since it’s probably all mechanical. After everything is properly installed, you can log into your app, identify yourself, and open your car as if you never lost the key.

            Having to deal with a locked door is not something that everyone thinks about on the daily. Yet, when you have to think about it, it is one of the most annoying things you can experience. Major key fixes all these problems. It makes life easier for anyone who drives a car and for the people that are in the car while something like this happens. There is nothing like this in the market, my only concerns with the whole idea is car companies finally eliminating this ridiculous issue by implementing it in their technology themselves. People are way too busy these days, they should not be stifled my minor things like a locked car door. Why wouldn’t someone want to completely get rid of this potential problem. Those who have dealt with it previously will immediately understand the benefit. Switching to this service only takes an app download rather than a call to a toe truck or car service company. There will be a model that can adjust to anyone’s car. That’s the only way it will work. This will keep my company busy and successful since anyone can benefit from it. On top of that, as a true believer of excellent customer service ad interaction, I will assemble a team of hundreds of employees eventually that have a number one priority of solving problems with customers and being helpful to all. We are entirely dedicated to eliminate anything annoying and time consuming that is attached to locking your car keys inside your vehicle. Besides this, the fact that there is nothing similar to this product in the market is what will win everyone over.
           This company, like I’ve mentioned previously, is the future. I plan to keep that trend. I'm not just stopping at vehicles, I'm interested in revolutionizing the way everything gets unlocked. Our biggest contender is homes. We want to make protecting your home a lot easier and even give you the option of  locking even after you leave your house. Other ideas I plan to explore include third party devices to include food service, and lingering minimal problems that when solved will revolutionize everything.
          After letting the purpose of the assignment sink in, I realize where I want to head with the idea. To adapt more I have to make my product more adaptable and that's exactly what I'm doing. 
2) 
The general consensus for my venture concept was that it was interesting to read because of the style. The idea and where it was headed was also positively critiqued and made to seem like a useful technology device. Yet there's always room for improvement.
3) 
Based on my feedback, I decided to keep it with the same style but worked on my wording for some things. I also added to my reasoning for why I thought where the company would be headed is promising.

4 comments:

  1. I was interested to see where you were going with this idea when you started by saying we needed a different way to get into our cars. I definitely didn't expect you to say from our phones or tablets! That's a very interesting idea. But I think this could have a lot of problems too. If someones phone or tablet was to be stolen, their car could easily be stolen too. Or if the technology malfunctions, then we have no way of getting into the car. I think there is a lot more to consider with this idea and who will actually use it. A lot of people might not see a use for it, or might no feel secure with it. Maybe opt for a better security system for it.

    Check out my venture concept: http://rachelsentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, this is a very unique idea. I like how you've identified a problem that causes a huge headache for lots of people and have created an innovative solution. I am interested to see how this device works and if you can push for manufacturers to build it into cars. I worry that your market may be relatively small (people with the money to spend on a non-essential device who often lose things), so it's good that you are looking at potentially expanding your product line. Check out my blog here:
    http://jakeryanentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post. The customer problem is interesting and the business you want to create to solve the problem is even cooler. I do not understand the logistics entirely so maybe you could explain that a little better. At least your target market is narrowed down though. What other plans do you have to grow this business? Here is my assignment: http://entreprenuershipisamindset.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is definitely the next step for locking your vehicle. I had never even thought about it being something that needed an upgrade or could be improved upon but I think it is a great idea. I think your pitch is very important and like you said about your feedback it is very interesting to read. I like how interactive the concept is and how animated it is. I think that your wording is great and the style as well. Here is a link to my post:http://courtneydscott.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-number-2.html

    ReplyDelete